Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business [www.thedentistwestmidlands.co.uk].
- “You” or “the user” refers to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Regulation.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a user’s computer or device.
Processing of Your Personal Data
Under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically under the following lawful basis:
- Lawful basis: Contract
- The reason we use this basis: we may use your personal data to fulfil our contractual obligations to you. For example, if you book an appointment to see us, we’ll keep your name and contact information on file so that we can see you on time or notify you if the appointment has to be cancelled.
- Data retention period: We shall continue to process your information until the contract between us ends or is terminated under any contract terms.
- Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used, if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Your Individual Rights
Under GDPR your rights are as follows (you can read more about your rights in detail here):
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making, including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with GDPR.
We do this by placing a small text file on your device / computer hard drive to track how you use the website; to record or log whether you have seen particular messages that we display; to keep you logged into the website, where applicable; to display relevant adverts or content; and to refer you to a third party website, where relevant.
Some cookies are required to enjoy the full functionality of this website.
Data Security and Protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet GDPR compliance requirements.
Transparent Privacy Explanations
We have provided some further explanations about user privacy and the way we use this website to help promote a transparent and honest user privacy methodology.
Email Marketing Messages and Subscription
Under GDPR, we use consent as a lawful basis to send email marketing and subscription messages to anyone subscribed to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS, or email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third-party service provider of software / applications that allow marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data, such as times; dates; IP addresses; opens; clicks; forwards; and geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations, will show the activity each subscriber made during that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time.