Tips On Good Denture Care:
- It is important to treat your dentures like you would your natural teeth – clean them thoroughly last thing at night and at least one other time during the day, and after eating if you need to.
- It is best not to use toothpaste when cleaning your dentures as some types can damage dentures.
- Ideally use a soft-bristle denture brush, designed specifically for cleaning dentures, and use water to brush all surfaces of the denture, but be careful not to brush too hard and move any attachments.
- When you’re not wearing your dentures, soak them in cool water or a denture cleaning solution to keep them from drying out. Some cleaning solutions can cause the metal to tarnish so you must be careful.
- Do not soak your dentures in hot water always keep the water cool.
- At night, remove your dentures (full or partial) as this allows the gum tissue beneath to rest.
It’s important to see the dentist every six months to check the condition and fit of your dentures and to look for any signs of irritation or gum disease so it can be treated immediately.
57 Liskeard Road, Walsall, WS53EY